As preclinical subject, Biochemistry department in J.N.Medical College was established in 1964 at Lingaraj College premises affiliated to Karnataka University Dharwad. Separate department came into existence in 1966 as per Medical Council of India norms. Full time laboratory services were extended to District Hospital Belgaum from 1966 to 2004. Department is affiliated to KLE University’s J N Medical College, Belgaum.
- DMTLC Courses Started in 1978.
- BDS Courses Started in 1986.
- Physiotherapy and Nursing Courses Started in 1994 and 1996.
- M.D. Biochemistry Courses Started in 1998.
- With Affiliation to RGUHS Banagalore, in 1998, in addition to existing courses B.Sc.Allied Health Science Courses were started.
- P.hd ( Medical Biochemistry ) Programm Started from 2000.
- The Department is recognized by MCI both for Under Graduation( MBBS ) and Post Graduation ( M.D. Biochemistry)
The Department Heads since Inception
|Dr. B.I.Uppin||–||1964 to 1978|
|Dr. A.R. Inamdar||–||1978 to 1995|
|Dr. M.V.Kodliwadmath||–||1995 to 2005|
|DR. P.B. Desai||–||2005 to 2011|
|Dr. A.B.Patil||–||2011 to 2014|
|Dr. Smita S. Sonoli||–||2014 to 31st August 2017|
|Dr. Anuradha Patil||–||1st September 2017 to Till Date|