a) Teaching:Total teaching experience of 33 years as,
- Registrar – 02 years
- Lecturer – 5.6 years
- Associate Professor – 5.6 years
- Professor – 20 years
Actively involved in teaching surgery at UG and PG level for 27 and 21 years respectively.
- Registrar in General Surgery at IGMC, Nagpur.
- Trained in Surgical Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- Clincial Experience as General and Oncosurgeon- 30 years
- Unit I/C, Professor & HOD for more than 10 years.
- Actively involved in research activities.
- So far successfully guided Nine PG students.
- Successfully completed six Research Projects in Surgery and Number of educational projects in Medical Education.
- A total of 12 publications (in International and National peer reviewed journals)
- Dean & Principal, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical College, Pune, July 2007-17.
- Dean, Faculty of Medical Sciences Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune, 2005-12.
- Vice-Principal, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical College, Pune, 2001 - 07.
- Chairman, Scientific Advisory Committee, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical College, Pune. 2008-12.
- Chairman, Hospital Development Committee.
- Chairman, Medical Education Unit, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical College, Pune.
Medical Education CV:
- Trained in Medical Education as Fellow FAIMER – Institute Philadelphia 2003-04.
- Recipient of International Fellowship in Medical Education (IFME) in May 2006 for pursuing Master’s Degree in Medical Education (MHPE) at the University of Illinois at Chicago, USA.
- Invited as Member for meeting of Directors and Faculty of FAIMER Regional Institutes (DAFFRI) in August 2007.
- Invited as Faculty Advisor (FA) for the FAIMER Institute Philadelphia in October 2007.
- Invited as Faculty at the three FAIMER Regional Institutes at Mumbai, Ludhiana and Coimbatore.
- Invited as Faculty / Guest Speaker at NCME, Delhi, NCHPE, Pune, Vellore, Coimbatore, Sevagram, Mumbai and International Conference on Medical Education, Bangalore (2007).
- Invited as Guest speaker to deliver a CME lecture at ASICON 2008 in Ludhiana.
- Guest speaker / Chairperson in various State / National Surgery Conferences / Workshops.
Role and Participation in MUHS – MET Activities:
- Participated as faculty for Advanced MET workshops at MUHS – Pune Regional Centre.
- Participated in all Deans Consortium Meeting organized by MUHS – Pune Regional Centre.
- Attended all ME related activities of MUHS – Pune Regional Centre.
Other responsibility related to education – UG/PG/MEU/BOS Member, etc.
- UG, PG Teacher and Research Guide.
- Member and Chairman, Board of Studies in Surgery of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune since 2000.
- Member, Board of Studies in Surgery MUHS, Nasik 5 years.
- Dean, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical College, Pune from 2005-12.
- Member, Board of Management, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University 2008-10.
Invited as Resource Faculty:
- Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, USA
- D.Y. Patil Medical College, Pimpri, Pune.
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Karad.
- KLEU’s Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi.
- M.G.M. Medical College Navi Mumbai and Aurangabad.
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Deemed University, Nagpur.
- BLDEU’s B.M. Patil Medical College, Vijayapura
- Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai
- JSSU’s Medical College, Mysuru
- At Medical Council of India – Regional and National Conference to commemorate the Golden Jubilee celebrations of Medical Council of India, New Delhi.