Facilities available in the Department at J.N. Medical College, Belagavi
We have a well equipped Seminar room with a seating capacity for 40 students with latest audio-visual equipments and facility for the use of internet. A departmental library consisting of latest editions of the text books are available for reference.
Facilities available in Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital & MRC
The department maintains a well equipped minor OT, where minor investigative and therapeutic procedures like dermabrasion, punch grafting for vitiligo, chemical peeling for melasma, comedone extraction etc are carried out routinely. In all, daily attendance in the O.P.D. is about 130 to 160 patients. Leprosy clinic, Pigmentary clinic, Vesiculo bullous Disorder Clinic, Psoriasis Clinic, Autoimmune disease clinic, Vitiligo Clinic and STD clinic are held regularly. The department also runs the integrated counselling and testing centre (ICTC), where in the patients are counseled (pretest and post-test counseling) regarding HIV. The department has Multipulse Fractional Co2 Laser, which is used for facial rejuvenation, acne scar revision etc., Q switched Nd Yag Laser for tattoo removal, Long Pulsed Nd Yag Laser and IPL for hair removal and treatment of vascular lesions. Other equipments like Trichoscope and Dermascope for evaluating the patient for hair loss and diagnosing skin disorder. The Ellman Surgitron Radiofrequency ablator available in the department is used for removal of DPN’s, Skin tags, viral warts etc.
A) Surgical / Therapeutic Procedures:
- Cautery – chemical, electrical, radiofrequency
- Punch grafting for vitiligo
- Tattoo removal
- Scar revision
- Sebaceous cyst removal
- Iontophoresisfor hyperhidrosis
- Comedone extraction
- Chemical peeling
- Molluscum and Milia extraction
- PUVA therapy,
- Narrow Band UVB for vitiligo, psoriasis etc.
- Mesotherapy (PRP)
B) Diagnostic Procedures :
- Skin biopsy for diagnostic purposes
- Slit skin smear examination for Lepra bacilli
- KOH examination for fungal filaments
- Wood’s lamp examination
- Tzanck smear, etc.
C) Medical / Therapeutic Procedure:
- Dexamethasone Cyclophosphamide Pulse therapy for pemphigus group of patients
- Biologicals for pemphigus / psoriasis
D) Laser Procedures
- Laser hair reduction – upper lips, facial hair, body hair
- Laser for tattoo removal
- Laser for acne & acne scars
- Laser for pigmentation
- Laser for birth marks, moles etc.
- Laser nail surgery
- Laser for burn scars, post-trauma scars
Additional Procedures Done by the Department
- Radiofrequency surgery for skin tags, moles, warts etc.
- Cryotherapy for viral infection etc.
- Iontophoresis for palmo-plantar hyperhydrosis
For White Patches
- Narrow Band UVB phototherapy
- Skin grafting surgery
For Hair Loss