The medical oncology department has a separate day care facility for day care chemotherapy and an inpatient ward at KLES Dr Prabhakar Kore Hospital and MRC. The nursing staff is highly trained in administering chemotherapy, antibodies and immunotherapy. Managing PICC lines and chemoports is a routine in the hospital.
The institute has another unit “KLES Belgaum Cancer Hospital”, about 1.5 km away from the medical college which again has all three oncology branches
The institute is coming up with a separate state of the art Cancer Hospital in the premises of the main hospital. It is expected to be completed in 6 months. This facility will have capacity to install 3 additional radiation units.
The Medical Oncology department is supported by 3 Radiation Oncologists, 3 Surgical Oncologists and a Pediatric Hemato-Oncologist and a Oncopatothologist, Interventional radiologist and a nuclear medicine department with PET CT and radionuclide therapy and state of the art blood bank.
- The only exclusive Medical Oncology Deparment in a Medical college in North Karnataka
- High degree of coordination with the surgical oncology and radiation oncology department to deliver comprehensive cancer care.
- Good patient care
- Medical Management of solid tumours and hematological Malignancies
- Delivery of immunotherapy
- Good supportive care to manage toxicities
- State of the art ICU to manage critically ill patients.