The department of Neurology provides the clinical services of the in the KLE Society’s Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital and Medical Research Centre. The outpatient department is run six days a week. Special clinics are being run for patients with epilepsy regularly. The neurological emergencies are taken care in multi-speciality intensive care units. Regular 24×7 emergency neurological service is available round the year.
The clinical neurophysiology laboratory of the department has state of the art digital EEG systems with brain mapping facility. The laboratory has an 8 channel ENMG – EP system that can handle basic and advanced clinical neruophysiological procedures including nerve conductions, qualitative and quantitative electromyography, and multimodality evoked potentials.
List of Equipment in the Department of Neurology
- Electroencephalograph (EEG) Equipment
- Nihon Kohden Neurofax 1100 32 channel digital Video EEG system
- EB Neuro Galileo Mizar 40 channel digital EEG system
- Electroneuromyography- Evoked Potentials (ENMG – EP) System
- Nihon Kohden Neuropack 9200K 8 channel digital system with software and hardware for routine and advanced nerve conduction studies, electromyography and evoked potentials including event related potentials, autonomic function tests.
- Dantec Keypoint Focus : 6 channel ENMG-EP system with protocols for advanced ENMG and EP studies.