Teachers Received National/International Awards/ Honors
(Including Best Paper/ Poster awards)
Dr. Kamal Patil, Professor & Head
- Co-Ordinator – WHO (India) and MOHFW for SBA training 2007- 2009
- Country facility trainer for EMoNC, NIH, RTI, USA and research unit , KAHER, JNMC.2009-2011
- 1st prize for paper presentation – VIA or Pap Smear which is better diagnostic tool at Narayana Hrudayalaya Multispecialty Hospital, Bangalore, March 2011
- 2nd prize in poster presentation for title “Evaluation of down staging with acetic acid and Lugols Iodinein screening for cervical cancer at Narayana Hrudayalaya Multispecialty Hospital, Bangalore.
- Best Teacher for III Phase MBBS, KLE University on Teachers Day – September 2012
Dr. M. B. Bellad, Professor
- Awarded a certificate of achievement for successful completion of the scholar programme of the Global Network ( Global scholar ( NICHD) AT Washington D.C. on 20th Feb 2007
- Awarded 1st Prize for a paper presentation on “ Early Vs Delayed Umbilical cord clamping and its impact on Post partum blood loss a randomized controlled trial ( Interim Analysis), at AICOG Conference at Hassan. 3rd to 5th Sept 2010.
- “Best Teacher Award” by KLE University, Belgaum, 5th Sept 2011
- Best Scientist Award by KLE University, Belagavi – 2013
- Awarded as Newton-Bhabha Fund Prize 2017 Winner – India by UK Ministry of State for Universities Science and Research – 31st October 2017
- President KSOGA 2017-2018 in YUVA KSOGA Conference held at KLE Centenary Convention Centre, Belgaum 14th and 15th April 2018
- 4th A Malathy Memorial Oration award held at Nila Auditorium Golden Jubilee block, IMH, Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode 7th January 2018.
- MS Signature Award, by SUWACH, Debate India, ASK & Get Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd at Phenomenal Leadership Programme held on 31st October 2020, Center Point Hotel Nagpur.
Dr. Yeshita Pujar, Professor
- Best Teacher award by KLE University, on teachers day – September 2012
- Best team & Speaker award in Debate by KLE University, Belagavi – 2013
- Recognition for WHO collaborating center for Research in Maternal & Perinatal Health, Awarded by KLE Society, during Foundation Day – 2019
Dr. M. C. Metgud, Professor
- “Indumati Zaveri prize for paper presentation of “ Large fibroid uterus with deep vein thrombosis with lumbar spondylolisthesis- A case report” – Jan 2011
- Country Co-ordinator for A plus Study – ongoing trial
- Co- Principal Investigator for ACTION Trial Research Project
- Assisstant Country Co-ordinator for ACT trial
- Co-ordinator for GA type study
Dr. M. K. Swamy, Professor
- Country facility trainer for EmONC, NIH, global network for women and child health research 2009-2011
- Consultant – WHO (India) and MOHFW for SBA training 2007- 2009.
- 1st prize for paper presentation – VIA or Pap Smear which is better diagnostic tool at Narayana Hrudayalaya Multispecialty Hospital, Bangalore – March 2011
- 2nd prize in poster presentation for title “ Evaluation of down staging with acetic acid and Lugols Iodinein screening for cervical cancer at Narayana Hrudayalaya Multispecialty Hospital, Bangalore- March 2011
Dr.Manjunath Hukkeri Asst. Professor
- 2nd Prize in poster Presentation on Evolving third trimester anomalies at CUSP , Chennai – 2016
- 2nd prize in cardiac quiz at International Conference on understanding the unborn held at Bengaluru – February 2019
The department has unique distinction of being awarded the “Award of Excellence” on 15th August 2006
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology received “Best Department” Award by JNMC Scientific Society Annual CME – April 2017
FORMER PROFESSORS :
Dr. B. S. Kodkany, Professor
- B. C. Roy Award for eminent teacher in 1994
- Millennium Medal of Honour by American Biographical Institute, USA,2000
Dr. B. R. Desai, Professor
- Honoured with the British Council Fellowship in 1988
- “Teacher of Teachers” Award – September 2012
- Mentor for OBG Department , BLDE Vijayapura
Dr. B. R. Nilgar, Professor
- “Teacher of Teachers” Award- September 2014
Dr. Geeta Dhurdi, Assoc. Professor
- “Chandravati Jagnath Singh” prize under the category of Gynaec Oncology for the paper titled “Safety and acceptability of IVA for cervical cancer screening” – Jan 2011
Dr. Bhavana Sherigar, Assoc. Professor
- Awarded Second Best paper award at on Inter-observer variability of VIA between physician and nurse at Vth National Conference of ISCCP at Chennai on 7th March 2010.
Received following Professors – Fellowship from University of Illinois at Chicago USA in 2000-01.
- B. R. Nilgar,
- M. B. Bellad,
- Shobhana Patted,
- Kamal Patil
Honoured Professors with the ICOG Fellowship.
- B. R. Desai,
- M. K. Swamy,
- Jyotsna Shravage,
- S. M. Kodliwadmath
- M. B. Bellad,
- Shobhana Patted
- Kamal Patil
- M. C. Metgud
- Anita Dalal
- Yeshita Pujar.
- Hema Dhumale.
- Bhavana Sherigar